Responsibilities of Breakthrough teachers will include but are not limited to:
- Outstanding academic achievement and student character development
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented learning environment that excites and invests students.
- Motivate students to realize high academic and behavioral standards.
- Build classroom community by investing families in children’s academic success.
- Utilize data to drive instruction and intervention.
- Design and implement unit and lesson plans in collaboration with grade or subject team.
- Hold all students accountable during transitions, meals, trips and school events.
- Exemplify Breakthrough’s core values in all interactions with students, families and colleagues.
Professional learning, development and growth
- Collaborate with administration, grade-level team and school team to improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills.
- Complete all IEP paperwork and observations related to special education, meeting state and federal guidelines
- Attend all professional development, team planning and data analysis meetings.
- Participate enthusiastically in structured and informal learning and development opportunities.
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, willingness to respond positively to feedback and a “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude.
- Strong belief in the Breakthrough’s mission, vision, core values, and educational model.
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for subject matter.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Two years of teaching experience preferred with a proven record of high student achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 2.5 from a competitive college or university; Master’s degree preferred.
- Alabama teaching certification or equivalent preferred; or evidence certification is being obtained